The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce is hosting a conference June 5, aiming to help small business owners learn how to optimize opportunities through informative workshops, panel discussions and ample networking with decision-makers.
“Gov Con: Small Business Summit for Success” will take place 12:30-5 p.m. at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. Attendees will get hands-on learning to help navigate the government contracting landscape, and can attend panels and workshops featuring federal agencies and large contractors discussing latest forecasts and expert insight on upcoming hurdles, the chamber said.
Jackie Robinson-Burnette, deputy associate administrator, Office of Government Contracting & Business Development, at the Small Business Administration, will present a keynote address.
Summit workshops include:
How to Succeed at Government Contracting: Securing government contracts can be highly profitable for small businesses, but navigating those opportunities can be daunting for even the most seasoned business owner. Discuss the dos and don’ts of perfecting your plan—straight from experienced contractors who have been through.
- Raza Latif, president, NuAxis Innovations
- Mike McDermott, president, InquisIT LLC
- Phil Panzarella, partner, 5th Grade Simple, LLC
- Staci Redmon, president and CEO, Strategy & Management Services, Inc.
Collaboration Works: Subcontracting. Teaming. Partnering. All of these relationships can be mutually beneficial to primes and your small business. Dive into each of these collaborative opportunities to learn how, when and why to get involved to open up greater opportunities for your business–plus the dos and don’ts of each relationship.
- Stephanie Alexander, founder, Govmates
- Ben Edson, president and CEO, VariQ
- Andy Smith, principal, The McLean Group
Growth Strategies for Small Contractors: Launching a successful small business was just the first step. How can you grow your business even further? Learn about from experts the tried and true ways to expand your already-thriving small business such as transitioning to prime status, organically growing market share and creating new lines of revenue.
- Satya Akula, president and CEO, Amyx, Inc.
- Cynthia Castillo, president and CEO, CSSI, Inc.
- Cosmo DiMaggio, founder and CEO, The Tauri Group
- Sumeet Shrivastava, president and CEO, Array Information Technology, Inc.
Registration is available online. Entry is $80 for Northern Virginia Chamber members and $100 for nonmembers.